During Strategic Thinking Week, the faculty from each one of our four concentrations met for a half-day and focused specifically on that concentration.
Concentration Meetings Agenda
- K-12 Education Policy – Monday, September 19
- Teacher Education in a Multicultural Society – Tuesday, September 20
- Educational Psychology– Wednesday, September 21
- Higher Education – Thursday, September 22
The faculty brainstormed and generated ideas that answered key questions:
- What distinguishes our graduates?
- What impact do we want our graduates to make in the field?
- What impact can our research have on urban education?
The work of these four half-day sessions served as the foundation for the Integration Meeting on Friday and 1/2 day Saturday. This meeting broadened the scope of the discussion and involve representatives, chosen by the planning committee, from our faculty, staff, the student body, alumni, and other external stakeholders. This Integration Meeting used the work of the concentrations to focus on establishing bold goals for the School’s future, in the context of an educational landscape that continues to change dramatically. The process of drafting a new Strategic Plan began from the outcomes of the Integration Meeting.